Click here to download an application form today:
Why work for us?
Joining Peter Gotthard means so much more than working for one of the largest and oldest established Hairdresser & Barbers in Harrogate. We’ve built our business on a passion for excellence, a flexible approach in all that we do and by collaborating with one another to put customers first. There’s a sense of camaraderie here; a feeling of belonging – probably because we go out of our way to listen to and involve all of our people. And because we want to be the best, we want you to be your best. The size and scope of our business means that the opportunities on offer are as diverse as the people that work here. If you’re ready to play your part, you’ll be richly rewarded too. From competitive salaries, commissions schemes and flexible working options there really is something for everyone.
When Peter Harman and Gotthard Passengar joined forces to create Peter Gotthard in 1964, not even they could have foreseen the success story that was to unfold. From its humble beginnings on Parliament Street, Peter Gotthard is now Harrogate premier hair salon for ladies and gents:
- Inspiration – generating new styles that excite our customers, enthuse our people and enhance our business.
- Innovation – focusing on continuous improvement, with new product ranges like Davines Colours and Living Proof salon products.
- Integrity – doing the right thing, not the easy thing; building trust and reinforcing our reputation.
- In Touch – understanding what’s important to our customers, the communities in which we work and our colleagues.
Rewards and benefits
At Peter Gotthard we feel it’s vital that our people are well rewarded. So when you say yes to Peter Gotthard, we’ll give you access to a highly competitive total reward package that’s proven to attract, motivate and retain the best people.
- Pay – We regularly check our salaries against national minimum wage to make sure we’re competitive and keeping up with changes in the law. We’ll also review your basic pay every year, plus we offer extra performance rewards to recognise individual achievements.
- Employee discount – You’ll get 50% discount on all salon retail and service*. Some exclusions do apply but there’s no limit on the amount of goods you can buy with discount. What’s more, we’ll give a partner or immediate family members who permanently lives with you the discount too!
- Holidays – You are entitled to a minimum of 28 days’ statutory holiday per year. Obviously, if you work part-time this will be pro-rated.
- Commission – We offer a very competitive commission structure so when we do well financially you do to.
- Pension – Nowadays, we’re all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. At Peter Gotthard, we want to help you along the way. This is why we offer an excellent Defined Contribution pension plan, where if you contribute up to 3% of your pay Peter Gotthard will contribute 3%. For full details on joining.
- First Year Apprentice Full time
- Young Guns Stylist (would suit a level three Apprentice) Full time
- Stylist Peter Gotthard Full and Part time